October 30th, 2013, 9:22 am
Sharks have six points in four games on the road trip, beating two very good teams in Montreal and Ottawa, and only losing the Boston in the heartbreaker. Unfortunately we won’t be able to record until the weekend at earliest, but I have some questions and comments in easy-to-read bullet form.
- Does anyone still think Burns has a tooth issue? I’m surprised the ‘c’ word hasn’t been thrown about more. He does have a concussion history, so this holdout does worry me.
- Nothing like necessity to cure bad feelings. With Burns, Boyle, Nieto, Torres, and Burish out, I think we could see Havlat tonight.
- Mostly because Mike Brown is about exactly what I thought. That mustache is sweet though.
- I’m clearly getting overconfident, as I look at the next ten game stretch (LAK, PHO, BUF, VAN, WIN, CGY, VAN, EDM, CHI, TBY) and think the Sharks should win nine of them. OK eight.
- Stalock, while fun to watch, looks shakier than Niemi. He needs to play more. I would love to see him in three or four of the next ten. What’s the harm in playing him against the Sabres, Jets, and Oilers?
- I would pay big money to hear the voice mail Lapierre left for Boyle. All I can hear is Doug’s psuedo-French accent in my head.