April 15th, 2011, 9:51 am
Here are some random points on game 1, thoughtfully posted in bullet form. So convenient, because then I don’t have to weave them into a coherent storyline.
- The Kings controlled well over half of the game, I thought the Sharks were a bit lucky to make it to overtime.
- I don’t believe in clutch players as a rule, but Joe Pavelski is making a damn compelling case otherwise.
- The Stoll hit on White was unfortunate and borderline dirty. My gut feeling is this gets 2 games in the regular season, but none in the playoffs. Cue Mike being wrong in 3…2…1…
- Thank God for Justin Braun.
- It’s a bit of a strange feeling, but I’m hoping Huskins gets healthy, because with Braun in, our #7 is Mike Moore.
- Demers should have gotten 2 for charging on that hit. For a second there I thought he was auditioning for Cirque de Soleil.
- Anybody else have visions of Craig Anderson when Quick came up huge in the 3rd?
- Doug’s wife sang the national anthem, and was great. I wanted to tweet that before the game, but cell phone reception at the Tank sucks, and I didn’t get permission in time.
- I highly recommend the Chicago-style hot dogs sold near section 119.
- I have a semifinal game of my own tomorrow night, but I have tickets to game 2. I’d appreciate advice on this moral quandary. I told myself I’d play if the Sharks won game 1, but that game was so good I don’t want to miss a minute of this series if I can help it.
- Is it just me or did Doughty get beat on the outside a few times?
- My beard looks like crap.
- I love the playoffs.